On television, Ross played kind-hearted and deeply misunderstood polygamous Prophet of Juniper Creek, Albert “Alby” Grant, on HBO’s ‘Big Love.’ He was also in TNT’s ‘Buffalo Soldiers’ and the Stephen King miniseries ‘Rose Red,’ a role for which he gained 45 pounds. (To this day, he still believes that, perhaps, that wasn’t the best idea he has ever had.)
Among his many other television appearances, Ross guest-starred on HBO’s ‘Six Feet Under’ and ‘Oz’ and more recently was Dr. Charles Montgomery on FX’s ‘American Horror Story’ and DA Jack Klein on Starz’ ‘Magic City.’
Ross’ theater work includes Jez Butterworth’s ‘Mojo’ at the Atlantic Theatre Company and James Lapine’s ‘Twelve Dreams’ at Lincoln Center in New York City.
Ross wrote and directed the award-winning short film ‘The Language of Love,’ which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. His first feature film as a writer/director, ‘28 Hotel Rooms,’ premiered at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival and was released later that year.
Ross graduated from the Juilliard School and briefly attended New York University.
Ross directed the episode Artificial Emotional Intelligence on HBO's Silicon Valley.
- Anthony Nowakowski in Oz
- Ben Hickson in Homegrown
- Ron Hewitt in Pushing Tin
- Luis Carruthers in American Psycho
- Emery Waterman in Rose Red
- Pete Rowley in Touched by an Angel
- Daniel Showalter in Six Feet Under
- Glenn Odekirk in The Aviator
- Neil Meredith in Bones
- Paul Burton in CSI: Miami
- Joel Hellman in Numb3rs
- Alby Grant in Big Love
- Charlie DiMasa in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- Charles Montgomery in American Horror Story
- Jack Klein in Magic City
- Titus Andover in Revolution